Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Black-Eyed Pea Salad

This is a yummy summer salad which tasted really fresh and looked very colorful. I served with pork tenderloin, a delicious combo. Enjoy.

Black-Eyed Pea Salad

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar(I used apple cider vinegar)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 can (15 ounces) black-eyed peas; drained and rinsed
1 package (10oz.) frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 scallions, thinly sliced

In a medium container, whisk the mustard, vinegar, and oil. Add all the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.

1 comment:

Me - Jen said...

We tried your salad last night and LOVED it, so good. Plus it was so stinkin' easy. Oh and for the yams, I actually make them when I make pork tenderloin, it is more a Sunday kind of dinner. Let me know when you try them, it seriously is like candy!!