Sunday, December 14, 2008

Eggnog

I love the stuff! What can I say? Creamy and delicious! I know there are a lot of haters out there, and frankly I just don't understand it. But, I don't understand how anybody could eat olives or black licorice. So, each to his own. I found this recipe last year and it was pretty good. The good news, no eggs involved. So, give it a try and see what you think.

Mock Eggnog

2 quarts cold milk
1 package (3.4 0z) instant French vanilla or vanilla pudding mix
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
1 cup heavy whipping cream

1. In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and salt.

2. In another bowl beat cream until thickened about 3 min. Stir into pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg.

No comments: