Monday, March 10, 2008

The Best Pancakes Ever

This recipe is from the Joy of Cooking gigantic cookbook. One day I wanted to make pancakes when we were first married, and I didn't have a box of pancake mix. So, I decided to try these and I have never gone back to the box since. I don't know what it is, but these pancakes are magic. We eat them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner at our house. Enjoy!

Basic Pancakes

Whisk together in a large bowl:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Whisk together in another bowl:

1 1/2 cups milk
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)

Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently whisk them together, mixing just until combined. Spoon 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle and you know the rest!

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

I made these this Saturday after I told everyone I was making pancakes for breakfast and realized that I didn't have any pancake mix. Yummy! Thank goodness you posted it!